General Guideline for JUHF Halal Certification
Policies and Procedure
This GGJHC Contains complete guideline, policies and procedures for JUHF Halal Certification for a company desiring JUHF Halal Certificate
• This GGJHC is Aapplicable for all type of entity producing Food Products and Beverages/ Consumer Goods/ Food Premise/ Logistic/ Cosmetic and Personal Care/ pharmaceutical/ OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Company slaughterhouse, and restaurant/catering service. And as per UAE Standard under below categories:
||Examples of Sectors
||Fruits; Vegetables; Cereals; Spices; Horticultural Products
||Processing 1 (Perishable Animal Products)
||Includes all activities after farming e.g. Animal slaughtering, Poultry, Eggs, Dairy and Fish Products
||Processing 2 (Perishable vegetable products)
||Fresh fruits, fresh juices, preserved fruits, fresh vegetables, preserved vegetables
||Processing 3 (Products with long shelf at room temperature)
||Canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, beverages, pasta, flour, sugar, salt
||Animal feed; fish feed
||Chemical and bio chemical manufacturing
||Food additives, dietary supplement, cleaning, agents, processing aids, microorganisms
||Packaging and wrapping Material manufacturers
||Packaging and wrapping material
||Other materials manufacturing
||Cosmetics, textile, leather products etc
Complain/Suggestions Write to us:
- JUHF Halal Certification can be requested for all products including: Food Products and Beverages/ Consumer Goods/ Food Premise/ Logistic/ Cosmetic and Personal Care/ Pharmaceutical/ OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Company,slaughterhouse, and restaurant/catering service, in the forms of raw material, intermediate product, final product, and its supporting product.
- JUHF Halal Certification process requested by a company including processing industry, slaughterhouse, restaurant, catering service, exporter and distributor.
- SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR JUHF HALAL CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO SCHEME/CATEGORIES are mentioned in detailed in Halal Manual for JUHF Halal Certification. It shall be read together before applying.
- Application for Registration.
The Applicant shall submit
- Format A- The Applicant shall give brief info about the company in respective column give in format.
- Format B-The applicant shall give complete information of the products; raw material, ingredients, additives, processing aids etc. Individual format shall be used for each products separately.
- Process Flow Chart for each products separately
- Format C- In this format applicant shall give a complete list of all raw material, ingredients, additives, processing aids etc. for all products put together.
- Halal Supporting Documents: Applicants are recommended to choose a Halal Certified supplier of raw material/ingredient/additives etc. so that they can produce Halal Supporting documents when required by Halal Auditors
- Affidavit on Rs. 100 stamp paper with notary
- Certification Fee: as per fee structure given at JUHF official website and mentioned in clause no. 4.
All above documents shall be submitted in both soft at (email@example.com) and hard copy to JUHF office through courier or hand delivery.
Note: Failure to make full disclosures & Correct Information in above formats will result in unnecessary delay in the processing of the application.
- Certification fee shall be paid to JUHF by cheque/dd/online payment. Full Certificate fee shall be paid in advanced. After receiving the payment, further process will be conducted on the application.
- Certification fee is excluding of audit expenses, laboratory testing charges if require and publication if any. Applicant shall arrange flight tickets (if plant located 500KM far from Mumbai) or train/vehicle (if distance less than 500KM from Mumbai), arrange stay if required, airport pick up and drop. If JUHF arrange all above, then applicant shall pay full payment when JUHF raise a debit note against expenses incur during the audit.
Once the complete application (both soft and hard copy) along with certification fee received in JUHF office, an acknowledge mail will be sent to the applicant, and the documents will be Verified and forwarded to technical department for validation and verification (Table Audit).
Note: An application can be processed further only after clearance from JUHF Account department.
Time frame required for application process;
- Table Audit – will take time as follows
||Products Range Applied for Halal
||Time, (in days)
||1 – 20
||20 – 50
||50 – 100
||100 – 400
2. After the Table Audit completion, a mail will be sent to the applicant regarding finding/requirementsof the Table audit. The applicant may submit table audit requirements before the Onsite Audit or may furnish at the time of Onsite Audit. In the same mail, a proposed Onsite Audit date will be given to the applicant for confirmation.Onsite Audit date will be given to the applicant as per availability. The applicant may confirm the date as per their availability and online production running schedule.
3. After the date confirmation, applicant will received one more mail regarding audit arrangements; like tickets/stay etc. as mentioned in clause no. 4b.
Once the audit date gets confirmed by either side or arrangement has been made, JUHF will send an audit agenda,Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and audit check list to the applicant by mail.
Onsite Audit: (This audit shall be conducted by two competent Halal Auditors. One auditor will check documents; like purchase record of previous three months, COA, and other related documents and second one will check implementation of documented records into premise and online products etc.)
Post Audit Evaluation
- The evaluation of audit reports shall be done by Technical Department, Shariah Committee and Certification Panel
- If any non-conformity found in their observation, a mail will be sent to the applicant for corrective action
- JUHF shall conduct the assessment of the content of pork and its derivatives in meat products, meat processed products, and certain products of risk category when necessary.
- The assessment of alcohol content in certain products is also conducted when necessary.
- The samples can be taken from the production site or market.
- If the analysis shows positive results, JUHF will conduct an extended comparative analysis
Halal Certificate Issuance
- JUHF Halal certificate will be issued after the product is stated as Halal by Technical and Shariah Committee and Certification Panel.
- JUHF Halal certificate will be signed by the General Secretary.
- JUHF Halal Certificate has validity only for one year
- On JUHF Halal Certificate, Registration number. Certificate number, name and address of company, name and address of plant, detailed product names if number of products less than 10 otherwise an appendix will be issued, and period of certificate will be mentioned.
- If the applicant is an exporter/trader/distributer then JUHF Halal Certificate will be granted only for registration and a note statement such as “This certificate is valid only for registration, not for consignment” will be mentioned and the applicant shall be abided to obtain shipment certificate every time when they will decide to export the products* detailed is mentioned in Manual Procedure for JUHF Halal Certification Development of New Products.
- JUHFwill issue additional Halal Certificate Appendices for the development new product done by a company possessing Halal certificate.
- This development may cover the following activities:
- Development of products to be certified (new products, reformulated products, renamed products)
- Format B-Product Info has to be submitted to JUHF office soft and hard copy both
Process flow chart
- COA –certificate of Analysis of any current batch/or trial production’s COA.
- On site audit may be required before inclusion of the required product in Halal list, JUHF will decided on site audit will be conducted or not, communication will be made after receiving the application.
- If audit required then audit charges (Travelling expenses from Mumbai to site to and fro) will be borne by the concern company.
- Add on will attract charges as per number of the products, fee chart given at our website.
- The concern company must submit the documents required by the Halal technical expert during table audit & site audit.
Renewal of Halal Certificate
- The company which is going to renew its Halal certificate shall submit application as mentioned in 4. Application for Registration. The application shall be submitted two months before the expiry of certificate.
- A certificate holder can only renew its certificate within three month after expiration of the certificate. After completion of three month, certificate will be terminated and company has to apply re-certification (if they are willing to continue JUHF association).
- The Certificate holder will receive renewal notification/reminder from JUHF when the certificate validity remains two months and notification/reminder will continue till completion of three months after expiration of the certificate.
- JUHF has right to announce to public if a certificate holder could not renew the certificate within three month of the expiration.
- A Certificate holder can make JUHF logo printed on their product packaging material after getting written permission from JUHF.
- For restaurants, JUHF logo can be put in their outlets.
- For catering services, JUHF logo can be printed in serving pack and media of promotion.
- The inclusion of Halal logo in retail products shall require proper written permission from JUHF.
Amendment of Certification Data
- If any amendment/change occurs in raw materials, ingredients products, facilities, or formulation, and an addition or reduction of products or material, the certificate holder shall inform JUHF in writing for approval. This is responsibility will be done by IHMT as mentioned in HAS.
- Issuance of Notification Letter/Extension Letter of On Going Certification Process
- Notification Letter/extension letter will be issued to the applicant based on a request from them.
- For new registration, Notification Letter can be issued after the audit process is done.
- A Notification Letter will be valid for three months only and could not be renewed.
- Extension letter can be issued to the existing client only after the submission of the renewal application and renewal fee.
- An extension letter could be extended for the period of three months only.
Grace Period of Halal Certification Process (After Onsite Audit completion)
- A Company shall have a period of three (3) months (since onsite audit done) for the submission of the requirements/findings/corrective action (in case of NC found during onsite audit). If the company fails to response within the periods of three months, the company shall be considered as unable to meet the criteria of Halal certification and JUHF can therefore, terminate the process. The certification process can be resumed if the company does the re-registration.
- Technical Department and Shariah Committee decision in this regard shall be final and shall be followed.
Post Certification Guarantee
- The Certificate Holder shall submit quarterly Internal Halal Management Team (IHMT) audit report of HAS implementation.
- If the certificate holder needs to use new materials/ingredients, or make any change, then a prior written permission and approval shall be required from JUHF.
- New materials can only be used after the approval from JUHF.
- All approved materials should be revaluated at the time of renewal process.
- JUHF can conduct a non-scheduled inspection to companies holding Halal certificates.
- Non-scheduled inspection will be conducted with or without prior notice to the company
- If any inappropriateness found in result of the inspection, a follow up action will be taken in accordance with JUHF stipulations.
The Criteria for a Non-Scheduled Inspection
- For a company with high risk products
- For A company with low risk products based on report from auditors or information from consumer.