Norms for Halal Certification of Chicken Processing Plant
1. Chicken birds should be live & healthy.
2. Stunning (if) 20volts to 30Volts for 15sec (Voltage & Time are in inverse proportionate). The stunned bird should be able to be back in Normal condition within 3(three) minutes, if left un-slaughtered.
3. Slaughterer recites, DUA ‘BISMILLAH ALLAH–O-AKBAR’ before slaughtering the bird with his own hands, making sure that the bird was alive at the instant of being slaughtered.
4. Slaughterer needs minimum 2.5 seconds to recite the DUA. Incase of higher speed of the chain if one person does not get the sufficient time to recite the dua, more than one person can be put on the job of slitting to perform the satisfactory job, depending upon the speed of the chain.
5. The bleeding period (time between slaughter and going in the water bath) should not be less than 120sec (2minutes).
The bird should be ‘STILL’ (cool & calm) before going into the water bath.
6. Scalding Temperature–water bath temperature–maximum up to 64˚C. Scalding time (the bird in the hot water) – maximum upto100 seconds. Scalding Temperature and Scalding Time are inversely proportionate.
7. Hygiene in processing area needs to be taken care.
• Production area specially processing area should to be disinfected periodically and regularly.
• All the machinery coming in contact with stuff should be regularly cleaned with appropriate disinfectant.
• Workers need to be made aware of hygiene operation .Gloves booties (shoes) and hand disinfectants should be provided.
• Knife and other utensils should be sterilized with hot water (approximate 80˚C).
• The hot water should be replaced periodically.
Final chicken should be free from pathogenic microbes like Salmonella, E.Coli and staphylococci etc.
8. To make sure that the norms are being followed by the Processing Unit, the HALAL Committee Jamiat Ulama has to appoint his two representatives in the Plant.
9. The representative (Maulana) of HALAL Committee Jamiat Ulama will be responsible to implement the norms and cooperation from the unit will be mandatory.
10. HALAL Committee will appoint its two supervisors (Maulana) to make sure slaughtering process is being done as per Islamic Sharia.
General Procedure – Halal Committee, Jamiat Ulama – E – Maharashtra, India. – 2 – Phones 🙁 022) 23725373, 23735373. Fax 🙁 022) 23759169. Halal Committee Jamiat Ulama e Maharashtra “Jamiat Halal Welfare Society “ Registered under “The Bombay Public Trust Act 1950” No F-42109
Emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com ,Website: www.halalhind.com